Saturday, May 15, 2010

Okay.



So, somehow...
I feel good today.
I'm okay, you're okay,
Everything's...fine.

Like I downed a tin pack of Paxil
with a bucket of eucalyptus green tea and slid...
deep into a cloud of unpretentious cashmere
and expelled every wisp of breath from my lungs.



I feel above you, in my skin,
the gaggles of tan, 6 foot, 88 lb. girls
a stalking army, all in the same $45 lipstick,
strategically ripped tights
and grimaces.

Skyscraper heels, bare toes
Razor, grass blades
fresh and green and sharp
sticks and stones and silicone...
magazine hoes.
The stanza that rhymed, accidentally.



I feel...okay today.
Like floral dresses found in old basements
light shining through stick thighs
like hairless reeds in swamps on a hazy summer afternoon.
Like the earthy smell of mildew and warmth.

Like lemonade condensation
melting, melting away
into concrete and tabletops
high end designer boutique doorways
and nightclub stairwells.



Reality show camera lenses
that easy, languid look
from bedroom eyes...
the wet dew on morning grass.

No comments: